You are not alone. If you or someone
you know needs help, click here.
San Francisco Bay Area Committee
In response to our first TALK event in San Francisco in 2015, a group of volunteer supporters with a strong affinity for Joyful Heart’s mission and vision gathered to launch the San Francisco Bay Area Committee. This committee plays a key role in expanding our innovative programs, coalition building and partnerships throughout California.
Current San Francisco Bay Area Committee Members:
|Beth Armstrong, Co-Chair||Gerri Grossman|
|Elizabeth Cooper, Co-Chair||Ingrid Jacobson|
|Jessica Ambrose||Lisa Katz|
|Anthony Armstrong||Amy McNamara|
|Stacey Baenen||Peggy Northrup|
|Suzanne Brogger||Andrea McTamaney|
|Susan Dunlevy||Amanda Peiffer|
|Sean Elder||Maggie Sedar|
|Romy Falck||Amanda Stephens|
In California and the San Francisco Bay Area, over the last ten years, we have:
- Invested $5 million in our innovative programs and partnerships throughout California;
- Directly assisted over 5,500 survivors and the professionals who serve them through our Healing work;
- Conducted research by independent evaluators and a team from the UCLA School of Public Health and found that our retreat programs were life-changing and transformative;
- Collaborated with leading California agencies and Georgetown University to create a replicable, trauma-informed treatment model;
- Produced the groundbreaking NO MORE and Enough PSA campaigns, featuring celebrities, athletes, executives, advocates and public officials proclaiming our commitment to end domestic violence and sexual assault.
We invite you to read about all of Joyful Heart's recent accomplishments in California and across the country in our annual Accomplishments Report here.
"We are so excited to bring the message of Joyful Heart to San Francisco and the Bay Area. Together with the extraordinary staff of Joyful Heart and its fearless leaders, we take on with joy the work of an incredible organization built on love and faith in the human spirit. We have only just begun this journey with Mariska and Maile and look forward to every step of the way. We are committed to making a difference here in the Bay Area." - Elizabeth Cooper and Beth Armstrong