Hotlines and More Information
In an emergency situation, always call 911. Emergency situations can include a recent threat of violence, recent act of violence or if your safety or someone else’s is in imminent danger.
(all are 24 hours a day unless otherwise noted)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 | www.thehotline.org
- National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline: 1-866-331-9474 | www.loveisrespect.org
- Rape, Abuse and Incest National Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) | www.rainn.org
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1 (800) 273-8255 | www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
Legal and Shelter Information
Legal information can be useful to help you understand your rights and know how your state and national laws protect you, and if you wish to press charges
To find more local resources such as shelters, rape crisis centers, hospitals and more, click here.
To learn about the local laws and legal resources available to protect you in your area, click here.
To learn more about the protections that the Violence Against Women Act ensures, click here.
Local to Joyful Heart
- Safe Horizon Rape & Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-621-4673 | www.safehorizon.org (multiple languages)
- Violence Intervention Program: 1-800-664-5880 (bilingual, Spanish and English) | www.vipmujeres.org
- Sakhi for South Asian Women: 212-868-6741 | www.sakhi.org
- Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project: 212-714-1141 (bilingual, English and Spanish) | www.avp.org
- California Partnership to End Domestic Violence: 1-800-524-4765 | www.cpedv.org
- Peace Over Violence: 310-392-8381 | www.peaceoverviolence.org
- Hawai’i State Coalition Against Domestic Violence: 1-808-832-9316 | www.hscadv.org
- Sex Abuse Treatment Center: 1-808-524-7273 | www.satchawaii.com
There are many organizations that can support you that are not listed. For a list of compiled resources, click here.
If you’re interested in advocating to help end domestic violence, click here to learn how to get more involved.